Sunday, June 06, 2004

Louisville/State Meet Rocked!

Earlier this morning, at around 1:00 AM, I returned to the booming metropolis that is Hebron. I left Friday morning at 8 with PJ. We got to Lousiville around 12 and went to athletic director because he had to get some forms. After that we grabbed lunch and a few hours later we ran around L-ville. That town's kinda weird because it goes in and out of ghetto; there really is no bad side of town, instead there are many little bad blocks. This setup made our run even more interesting. I think PJ flicked off at least 2 inconsiderate drivers lol. After we had run, we ate at this place called Qdoba (KUH-DOH-BAH). It was a mexican restaurant, kind of in between the quality and price of Taco Bell and Don Pablos. Nonetheless, the steak tacos were the shit! I wish we had one of those places around here. We took our food over to this coffee house where a guy that lives in PJ's apartment was playing. I think his name was Chase. Anyway, he played an hour long instrumental acoustic set that was incredible. I mean this guy just blew my mind away. I'm probably gonna have to ask PJ what the guy's name was because you can buy his CD online. The record store across the street was the next place we went to after the show. It was by far the best record store I've ever been in. They had every indie artist or unpublicized side-project I could think of, except for Banyan (which made me upset). Since I actually had money in my pocket for once, I decided I'd pick up a few things. Now that I'm a college freshmen I thought it would be wise to invest in some of the basics. I picked up the Velvet Underground's Andy Warhol and a Steve Vai double pack that includes Sex & Religion and Alien Love Secrets. As I was browsing through the posters at the store one caught my eye; so I picked it up too. The poster has at least 100 different beers on it and there is a caption on the bottom that states "Life is Full of Difficult Decisions". When we got back to PJ's we went down the hall to a party for like 5 minutes. It wasn't great, so we headed over to a house that a few of his track buddies were renting and stayed over there for awhile. Those guys are absolutely hilarious. After returning to the aparment, we walked down the hall to another one of his friend's rooms and we ended up hanging out with her til' around 5 AM; Louisville is on eastern time, so it was 4 AM at home... my biological clock is really f'ed up after this trip. We got up at noon yesterday and got breakfast at 1 PM at this really weird, but very good restaurant called Lynn's Paradise Cafe. Then, we got lattes with double espresso shots over at the coffee shop we were at the night before (we needed something to perk us up). After that it was off to Bloomington for the state meet! PJ thought we'd be an hour late, but after we looked at his cell phone in Columbus it occurred to us that we were back in the central time zone. This was really nice to know and also insured that we were only 5 minutes late and that's only because the lattes on the way left us in dire need of a bathroom break while the first leg of slow heat's 4x8 was being run. The meet was probably one of the best state meets in a long time. Carmel broke the 4x800 record by running a 7:41. John Hiestand almost broke the open 800 meter record by running a 1:50-something. He was off by 2 tenths of a second! Christian Wagner ran another amazing double, clocking in at 4:13 in the mile and 9:04 in the two mile. The mile and two mile fields had incredible depth this year. The top 7 (at least) all finished in under 4:20. In the 2 mile the top 8 or so were all finished in under 9:20. Two years ago the event was won in 9:22. Well I need to go. The trip home was quite uneventful and if we hadn't blared the music I would have fallen asleep. Later~ Rich

Mood: frickin' excited... I leave thursday for New Hampshire!!!!
Music: Velvet Underground
's Andy Warhol album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home