Wednesday, May 19, 2004

"The air in the mountains... where I come from"

Sectionals are tomorrow. I don't want it to be my last high school meet so I'm gonna run my little heart out. I've worked so hard this year, and I feel like I'd be cheating myself if I did not advance to regionals. Plus my mile PR is still way too slow for me to be happy. However, I really don't feel like getting all excited about it right before I go to bed. So I'm gonna talk about something else. I go out to my family reunion June 19th (or somewhere thereabouts). Although the reunion is in Connecticut at my uncle's place I'm hoping that my dad and I will take a few "detours" along the way.... New Hampshire or Vermont, anyone? I've been craving some good scenery ever since we didn't get to go skiing in March. Being out in the mountains truly reminds in the simplest way that there is a God. Nothing else but a higher being could create such immense beauty in such a pure form. There are no cars, no people, and sometimes no sound. And it's when I'm hiking/biking/running through the mountains that I truly feel happy and free. I long to feel like that right now. ~Rich

Mood: bleh
Musik: "Roll It Over" by Oasis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home