Monday, May 10, 2004

Wow, can I make myself look any cooler? My past 2 track coaches really seem to enjoy flipping out on me when I least expect it. Actually, I'm not gonna lie: I'm a cocky asshole (or at least I know I come off that way). So here's what happened:

After school, we had track practice like every day. We get our warmup in and coach shows up shortly thereafter. So, he gives us the workout: 2400, 800, 600, 400 and windsprints. (here comes me being an asshole... just to give you fair warning) OK, so this is only the what... 30th, maybe 40th mixed interval workout this year (which basically means every workout except maybe 2-3 give or take)? Moreover, we're 3 days away from conference and we're doing a 2400 (that's a mile and a half interval for those of you not in the know). Last year, and for that matter, the year before last, when my times actually got faster as the season went on, we were doing shorter intervals like 500's, 400's, and 300's (my all time favorite). So, being the semi-obsessive/compulsive runner that I am, I asked coach if we could have a day where we do just 300's (like the good old days with Coach) to tune up speed. He totally flips out on me (as has happened many times in years past, 70% of the time for good reason I must admit) and tells me that all I've done is complain about all of the workouts we've run, and that he's given me what I want and I'm still not satisfied. Well, he's right about one thing. I have complained about every workout this year (with the exception of a few of them at the beginning of the year that were pretty tight). However, when it comes to bending over backwards for me, I don't believe running mixed intervals 95% of the time fits the bill. I would go on, but I have come to the conclusion that:

a.) trying to talk to him about the whole situation is just gonna make me look like an ass to my teammates. Moreover, I'm sure I look like an ass to the members of my team who may be reading this.

b.) no one is really gonna understand my position on the situation, nor do they care. But, this is my blog, and being such I reserve the right to VENT whenever I feel like doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home