Saturday, May 08, 2004

Best day in at least 6 months!

Today was such a frickin' awesome day! The weather was impecable (and because I was out in the sun all day I now have the worst farmer's tan ever) with the temp being like 72-5 and not a lot of wind. My day started with the Washington Invite. After sitting around in the sun for 2 hours I finally had my first race: the anchor leg of the 4x8. It was my 3rd time this year to actually run an 800 in a meet. I ended up with a 2:11, plus I ran negative splits on it (which was cool). I also ran a shitty mile in the DMR and an even shittier 400 in the 4x4. But, considering the meet was pretty pointless in the first place I was not very worried about it. After the meet, the whole team went to Fazoli's. Adding to the fun, Griechen and one of his friends showed up. He's gotta be one of the craziest kids I've met haha. I ended up "driving home" with my parents which meant that when we were done eating my mom drove me to a parking lot where my dad was. I got the the Bimmer (score!) and they took the Camry home. Because the meet was utterly pointless, I had already decided that it would be smart to head up to the Dunes and get another workout in.

This is where the day turns into the best day in the past 6 months. You know how sometimes just the simple pleasures in life are the most satisfying? That's kinda what today was like. I cruised all the way up to the Dunes with the top down, the Eagles of Death Metal in the CD player, and the sun beaming down on me. When I got to the Dunes there was a nice cool breeze off the water. As I ran the air felt fresh (although we all know that air coming from Gary is not even close to being "fresh" lol) as it went in and out of my lungs. I decided to be a little stupid and ran barefoot. Running on the beach barefoot is one thing; running on trail 9 barefoot is another. So, now I have blisters on my feet, but I really don't care. It felt so good running barefoot for 40 minutes on the sand/dirt. After running for about 40 minutes, I ran up to the lake and walked back to Porter Beach with my feet/calfs submerged in the icy water which felt soooooo nice. On the way home I popped in Led Zepellin's II because it makes for some awesome "top-down" music. There you have it folks: my somewhat uneventful, yet absolutely enjoyable day. I hope yours was as gratifying.~ Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home