Friday, May 14, 2004

"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality"

I finally did it. My junior year I ran a 4:46 mile in XC practice: this was my fastest mile.... up until yesterday. Most of you have no idea how relieved I am to have finally broken a PR that unnecessarily stood for over a year and a half. After coming through with splits of 69, 69, 71, and 73, I was able to run a 4:44. Before I had even gotten to the finish line I knew I was gonna PR that race. In the process I was able to place third behind two very talented runners whom I have much respect for: Zach Evans and Chris Urena. Nice job guys. On the downside of things I got very sick after running the mile, 2-mile, and the anchor leg of the 4x4. In all likelihood, I probably did not consume enough water earlier in the day. So I slept 10 hours that night and went to school at lunch today.

Mike D. and I ran out in the rain today. It was kinda cold so I was hoping to borrow someone's spare longsleeve shirt. So I asked Mike D. if I could borrow one of his. The conversation is as follows:

Rich - "Hey dude, (you) gotta shirt I could borrow???"

Mike D. - "Ummm.... yeah I think so hold on" *starts digging around in locker full of clothes*

Rich - "I mean do you have a longsleeve that isn't gonna smell like ass?" (after remembering him commenting about how bad his locker smelled)

Mike D. - "Uhhhhh.... probably not"

Rich - "Nevermind then, I'd rather freeze"

Mike D. -

Oh by the way, I'm ripping of your "currently listening to:" and "mood:" thingies.... which I'm sure you ripped off of xanga :) lol

Mood: elated
Currently listening to: "Take the veil, cerpin taxt" by The Mars Volta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home