Tuesday, July 20, 2004

"After midnight, we gonna let it all hang down"

I guess I haven't updated in awhile, but such is life.  This past weekend frickin' rocked!  Stalby and I made the 5 hour trek down 41 for some southern fun.  PJ had talked to Laura earlier that week and said he'd meet us there.  On Friday I ran the Night Flight 4-miler at USI.  It was really cool because the race was run on the campus roads at 9 pm with the lights on, but due to the fact that I've been training in a town that is flat as hell the rolling hills kicked my ass.  Whatever the case, I was able to finish in 23:33 for 22nd out of a little over 200 runners.  After the race we went back to Laura's apartment and ordered some Papa John's.  Once we'd demolished the pizza, we headed to the party @ Garwood's house.  That was really fun and we walked back to Laura's (it was only a block away) at 4.  Got up in the afternoon and grabbed some lunch in E-ville before heading over to Louisville with PJ.  The trip over to Louisville was hilarious because it was so hilly that PJ had to go like 80 in the flat areas and downhills to get his truck over the hills.  Scott and I had a good laugh about that in the Camry.  After 2 hours, we made it to L-ville.  We were all still pretty tired from the night before so we just sat around for awhile.  After we felt able, we headed over Qdoba for some damn good tacos.  Next, we cruised the strip of bars and coffee houses.  Later on, I finally got to meet PJ's Bosnian model friend, Hermina.  She was really cool, but she's a psycho behind the wheel.  They tried to get me into 4th Street Live, which is like this restaurant district downtown,  but since it was after 10 they weren't letting people under 21 in.  I think that's pretty gay considering the fact that they don't kick out the one's that come in before 10... what's the point?  Oh well.  So we headed back to PJ's apartment.  His friend Nicole was having a little get together in her room, so we ended up over there.  If I wasn't going to USI, I think I'd definately go to U of L.  All in all a very fun weekend.  A lot of other stuff happened, but I really don't feel like typing anymore.  The ride hom was really REALLY tiring.
 
I am leaving for USI in exactly a month from today.  This new development is due to my practice schedule with the team and I have no problem with it.  I love it down there and I absolutely cannot wait.  Later peeps~ Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home