Wednesday, June 23, 2004

"I'm before the equation and I'm the answer"

Yes I know, it's been a number of days since I have posted my last entry in here. Since then I have concluded what was the best vacation I've ever been on. Some of the most enjoyable moments of my life came out of that trip. The way I look at a lot of things has changed too. Before the trip there were alot of things that I wouldn't say I gave up on, but I definately took them for granted. I guess it would specifically be God. It kinda came around to me again when we went up Mount Washington. Never have I been so moved by the sheer beauty of my surroundings (I do live in Indiana, people). Nor have I really thought about just how small and insignificant I as a person am compared to everything that surrounds me. Maybe I'll throw some of my trip on here later. Even if I do it really won't do justice to the scenery. My trip up Washington was basically 4 hours of awe and you would honestly have to there yourself to understand. Anyway, I've now decided that I'm hiking it next year. Anyone care to apply to be my sherpa? Haha.

Anyway, there was a lot of other stuff I saw on my trip that was beautiful, weird, or funny. But, I'm really not in the mood for typing page after page. I'm just really happy right now. Yesterday I picked up John Frusciante's new CD The Will to Death. It's safe to say that the CD was a very good buy. Frusciante's lyrics continue to get more meaningful and I love it. My favorite song as of right now is The Days Have Turned. He basically sings about how people turned away from him and he lived a life of seclusion after he became addicted to heroin. It's pretty sad, but his voice sounds so great on the track. A number of the riffs on the albums are very catchy. The layering of guitars is pretty good. The one downside to the CD is that there are not as many harmonies layed down compared to the last album. But, it's still awesome, and the next CD in out in less than 2 months. Bleh!.... g2g.... Later~ Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home