Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Mr. A rocks too!

Today was cool. I talked to my new coach, Mr. Anderson, today for half of the lunch period about track. It sounds like he's got his sh%t together when it comes to the organization of the team. He mainly wants to work w/the sprinters are field events people, which is cool because me and Mike D. are fairly knowledgeable when it comes to the distance stuff. It looks like we'll be doing some weightlifting this year (which makes me happy) and I talked to him about keeping training logs too. So it all seems to be coming together. In the next few weeks everyone will probably be showing up to practice (depending on how far our basketball team advances). All in all, we're gearin' up for what should be a very fun and memorable year.

I ran at Stoney Run today with Matt and we will probably continue to do so through this week. The reason being that my calf is still a little tender and I'm trying to strengthen it without pulling it again. By staying on the snow/grass I think I will be able to do just that. Moreover, running around on uneven footing will build up the stabilizer muscles in the ankles/knees/hips, which are very important in reducing the chance of injuries. I gotta really long, really boring, paper on existentialism that I have to start working on though, so I'm gonna have to get going. That's all for now. Bye bye~ Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home