Sunday, February 08, 2004

Lazy people suck

Judging by the title of today's rant, you should be able to come to the right conclusion of what subject matter I shall be discussing. Yes kids, I hate lazy people; they really piss me off. The problem is that I'm surrounded by a lot of them everyday. I see them in the halls, on the street, at games. Why do I hate lazy people, you might ask? Well, it's not just because of the fact they are lazy, it's the fact that many of them could really kick ass at something.... but they choose not to because it might actually take effort. I've seen this happen quite often in this particular town that I shall refer to as "Norbeh." "Norbeh" has many people that are extremely gifted, whether it be athletically or intellectually. However, these many of them have this idea that anything that takes even the smallest amount of hard work is not worth doing. Adding to the problem, a philosophy is fostered into many of the citizens minds that "it's all good as long as you could have done (insert lack of action here) if you wanted to" or "(you did not succeed because you didn't even attemp to try, but) as long as you look like you tried it's ok." The problem is that many of the kids by into this, and in time develop a very strong losing mentality. If some are doubtful they should just take a look at the athletic programs in that town, or even what the students there go on to do. There are a number of teams that have suffered very badly the past few years because many people that were extremely talented did not participate because they didn't want to exert themselves in any way. In the same way, there are many people that could go on to bigger and better things, but choose not to because they are satisfied with mediocrity and simplicity. However, come to think of it, I really should not complain to much. It is because of many of these people's choices that I have been able to do well in areas such as running. Afterall, I can think of at least 4 people that should be able to absolutely cream me in a race with just a little training. But then again, that would take work.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home