Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Often immitated, never duplicated...

Well I got totally screwed out of goin' back home this weekend because of my CIS class; the server failed yesterday when I was taking my Access test. Now I have to take it tomorrow and then retake it Tuesday so I can improve upon what I know is gonna be a shitty grade. Microsoft Access is like Excel on drugs and, as far as I'm concerned, it can go to hell and die.

So what else is new? Well I currently cannot stop listening to Death Cab For Cutie's Transatlanticism. The CD is unlike anything else in my collection. Three songs on the CD that totally blow me away are We Looked Like Giants, Title and Registration, and Passenger Seat. All of the songs mentioned have great lyrics, the most creative I've heard in awhile.

I'll leave you with the first verse of Title and Registration

The glove compartment is inaccurately named
and everybody knows it
So I'm proposing a swift, orderly change
'cause behind its door there's nothing to keep my fingers warm
and all I find are souvenirs from better times
before the gleam of your tail lights fading eastto find yourself a better life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home