Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Hello all! I figured it would be wise to take a brief break from my studies, so I decided that I would make a post. Things are going fairly well for me, not so well for a number of people around me. One of my roommates has decided start a daily routine that hinders his mental clarity. Although it's quite humorous when he makes an ass of himself on a daily basis, it is also sad seeing as he's basically fucking up his future. A number of us have pressured him into getting his shit together again, but I don't think it seems to be working.

Running is going very well for me right now. We had a workout yesterday that was awesome; it consisted of 5 x 1-mile repeats that were supposed to get progressively faster with each one. The recovery in between each mile started with only a minute after the first one and reached 3 minutes between the 4th and 5th miles. It probably would have been an even better workout if I would not have gone apeshit so early on. My splits were 5:27, 5:13, 5:02, 5:03, and 5:02. This comes out to 25:47 for an 8k race. I know that I can break 27 minutes at Edwardsville this Saturday, it's just a matter of maintaining focus during the race.
Well I believe I need to jet seeing as I have much more research to complete for my speech on Friday. Peace out homies. ~ Rich

Funny Quote: "The fact that there are more people in this race [320 runners] doesn't give you the excuse that you can be farther back in the pack on Saturday.... some of the teams are really shitty" ~ Coach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home