Friday, July 22, 2005

Perception vs. Reality

I'm halfway through The Economy In The Reagan Years and the author has lost credibility in my eyes. The exact moment was on page 79 when Campagna, in regards to tax cuts and whether or not they raise government revenue, states that "the exact numbers are not the issue; the perception was that the tax cuts were unfair." Really? I thought you were trying to write a book that analyzed "the economic consequences of the Reagan administration." If so, then your job is to analyze the numbers and make an educated hypothesis, not opine as to whether some people thought one measure or another was unfair. To leave the numbers out of the equation shows sheer ignorance, bias, or a combination of both. Nevertheless, I'll work my way through this book so I can start reading my other book, There's No Such Thing As a Free Lunch.

Articles of Interest

VDH on the targeting of nation by Islamic extremists

Property rights, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home