Monday, June 20, 2005

Hey hey! I've got to finish up a little homework before class, but I figured I'd make a quick post for the hell of it. My summer reading is going very well. I am currently reading Reagan's War and Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. I finished reading Ayn Rand's The Virtue of Selfishness last week. Brilliant, that's all I can say for now. Here are a just a few sweet tidbits of Objectivist philosophy found with TVOS:

Objectivist ethics is the moral base needed by that politico-economic system which, today is being destroyed all over the world, destroyed precisely for lack of a moral philosophical defense and validation: the original American system, Capitalism.

The right to life is the source of all rights -- and the right to property is their only implementation.

No human rights can exist without property rights. Since material goods are produced by the mind and effort of individual men, and are needed to sustain their lives, if the producer does not own the result of his effort, he does not own his life.

In a compromise between good and evil, only evil can profit. <--- Someone please explain this to the U.N.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home