Friday, March 18, 2005

Spring Break

Looks like it's been two weeks since I last updated. Sorry. So spring break was one of the best weeks of my life. I went out to New Hamsphire and Vermont for some skiing/snowboarding with Jake England, affectionately known to some as "Flake." The snow was probably the best I've experienced in my life, mainly due to the fact that it snowed everyday except for one. Some highlights:

Sunday- Jake talks me into hucking a boulder conversation as follows...

Jake - Ferb, we're going to jump that boulder.
Me - You're frickin' crazy, I'm not jumping off of that. It's at least an 8 foot drop.
Jake - Ferb, you gotta burn it to earn it. You gotta rock it to shock it. You gotta grab that bull by the horns and hump it into submission.
Me - Errrr... fine, but you're going first.

Monday - Hit a shitload of double-diamond glades (trails where you ski between trees); hucked off of more boulders and jumps. One of the only downsides of the trip was that Bretton Woods usually has an amazing view of Mount Washington, but it was obscured by the clouds every day we were there.

Tuesday - We mixed it up a little and headed to Loon Mountain. It snowed the entire time we were on the mountain! The snow was great and the terrain park was incredible. Jake tried out the superpipe (15-17 foot high walls and over 400 feet long!!!). We decided that Loon had the best steeps and funnest long runs.

Wednesday - Went back to Bretton Woods. Upon arrival, the snow gods had greeted us with 1 and 1/2 feet of fresh powder!!! Almost the entire day was spent making FRESH tracks through the trees. On our second run we ripped down a lift line trail that had a huge dropoff. I didn't wanna do it at first, but as usual, Jake talked me into it. After Jake caught some sick air and landed in a really deep snow drift I decided it'd be ok, so I went off it and did the same; it was an awesome rush. One of the funniest (and possibly most painful) moments of the day involved Jake's face and a tree. After laying in the snow for about 5 minutes he was able to get up and continue; I was afraid he had pulled a Sunny Bono. Wednesday was by far the best skiing I have ever had, and I wouldn't want to have experienced with anyone else except my dad and Jake.

Thursday - Went to Attitash/Bear Peak. Probably the worst day of skiing, due in part to a warm and sunny day. The trails were kind of icy and the conditions weren't even close to Bretton Woods or Loon.

Friday - Killington was the venue of our final day. Killington features 6 mountains and 200 trails.... ya, it's friggin' huge! It was a fairly nice way to wrap up a great week. They had some amazing terrain parks. I got some big air off in one of the large parks. It took 3 major wipeouts before I finally stomped the jump 2 times in a row which felt really cool.

Basically, spring break totally rocked and I'm glad we went someplace cold instead Daytona or any of that bullshit. I'm hoping I can get out there this summer for some more fun. That's all for now. Peace ~ Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home