Tuesday, February 07, 2006

McCain strikes back...

Although I don't always agree with John McCain's positions, I do respect the fact that he seems to be one of the only Senators that actually cares about the public interest. I also have to rejoice in the fact that he doesn't hesitate to call bullshit when he smells it. I'll leave you with my favorite section of the letter:

I concluded your professed concern for the institution and the public interest was genuine and admirable. Thank you for disabusing me of such notions with your letter to me dated February 2, 2006, which explained your decision to withdraw from our bipartisan discussions. I’m embarrassed to admit that after all these years in politics I failed to interpret your previous assurances as typical rhetorical gloss routinely used in politics to make self-interested partisan posturing appear more noble. Again, sorry for the confusion, but please be assured I won’t make the same mistake again.

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Michael said...

McCain is quality stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home