Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jack of All Genres

"I've been listening to the first WuTang album, The End 36 Chambers, pretty much everyday for the whole writing of the record (Stadium Arcadium). Um, I was inspired by the rhythms that the MCs were using in their raps. They were inspiring to me in terms of my guitar playing, [...] they don't just go in a straight rhythm according to how the drums are; they make up their own groove." ~ John Frusciante

WOW. This man truly is a student of music, and this is certainly going to be an amazing album. Needless to say I probably won't be leaving my house for 2 to 3 days after the CD is released.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Michael said...

John Frusciante sucks.






Ok, maybe not. He's pretty much the man. I can't remember if I ever let you borrow Niandra Lades or not, but I was actually listening to that today.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Live Free or Die Trying said...

OK, I'll give you that one. Because, I guess if you really think about it, Chad Kroeger of Nickelback is definitely the guitarist of our generation. I mean, who wants constant change and audio evolution when you can buy the same CD with different packaging every 2 years from bands like Nickelback or Trapt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home